Date:March 28, 2023
Who are eligible for MSME Samadhan?
Legal points by NB Associates
MSME Samadhaan is an online portal that provides a mechanism for micro and small enterprises (MSEs) to file their delayed payment complaints. The eligibility criteria for filing a complaint on the MSME Samadhaan portal are as follows:
1. The supplier should be a micro or small enterprise (MSE) as per the definition provided in the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006.
2. The supplier should have a valid Udyog Aadhaar Number (UAN), which is a 12-digit identification number provided to MSEs by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
3. The buyer should be a public sector enterprise or a company or a registered society or a trust or a limited liability partnership or any other entity engaged in the production or supply of goods or services.
4. The payment for the supplies made by the supplier should have been due for a period of more than 15 days from the date of acceptance of the goods or services or the date of deemed acceptance.
5. The supplier should have raised an invoice for the supplies made and the same should have been accepted by the buyer or deemed to have been accepted by the buyer.
MSEs meeting the above eligibility criteria can file their delayed payment complaints on the MSME Samadhaan portal.
The portal provides a platform for MSEs to file their complaints and track the status of their complaints.